Re: [O] Extraneous output from Python code blocks using :session option

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] Extraneous output from Python code blocks using :session option
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:23:30 -0400

Richard Stanton <address@hidden> wrote:
> This looks great. While we're patching this code, why does having
> blank lines inside function definitions cause such problems in
> :session mode?

I think this is because the lines are being sent one by one, so sending
the blank line causes an issue, like typing enter with the cursor at _:

    >>> def abc():
    >>> _

      File "<stdin>", line 2

        ^
    IndentationError: expected an indented block

I'll take a look at fixing this.  python.el in Emacs 24 seems to send
functions with blank lines over fine, so perhaps I can use it as an
example.

--
Kyle