Re: [O] export code with backslashes

From: hymie
Subject: Re: [O] export code with backslashes
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 09:09:00 -0400

"Charles C. Berry" writes:
>   (defun org-export-ascii-filter-code (text back-end info)
>   "Replace `\\n' with `\\' in ascii code."
>     (if (eq back-end 'ascii)
>         (replace-regexp-in-string
>          "\n" "\\\n"
>          (org-babel-chomp
>           (org-export-string-as text 'ascii t))
>          nil t)
>       text))
>   (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-code-functions
>                'org-export-ascii-filter-code)

Just for the record.....

I had an open running emacs.  I changed my .emacs file, applied the change
with M-x load-file .emacs , and it worked perfectly.

But today, I opened emacs fresh, and was greeted with an error

Symbol's value as variable is void: org-export-filter-code-functions

I got the same error when I tried to M-x load-file .emacs

But

After I did an ascii export (in which the backslashes do not appear), I could
then M-x load-file .emacs, no error, and the backslashes worked.

I added
(require 'ox)
to my .emacs file, and that resolved the problem.

This error only happens on my Windows machine.  On my Unix machine, it
appears to work correctly the first time, and I do not see any differences
between the .emacs files on the two machines.

--hymie!     http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    address@hidden