Re: [O] Config best practices?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Config best practices?
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 10:07:21 +0100

Hello Marcin,

Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> I'm wondering what people do to keep the configuration of their Org
> files in order.

I'm not sure to correctly grasp your objective.  Could you restate it?

> I use a dedicated top-level headline, with a COMMENT keyword, but
> I started to think that a :noexport: tag might be a better idea.
>
> Are there any advantages of one over the other, or other approaches
> altogether?

I can tell you they aren't isomorphic...  The noexport tag simply says
"don't export this subtree".  The COMMENT keyword adds "don't run any
Babel code block in there".

> The reason I'm asking is that I'm tweaking my org-one-to-many utility
> so that it propagates the config to all the generated files.

Still not that clear to me.  Maybe an ECM would clarify your request?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban