Re: [O] Config best practices?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Config best practices?
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 00:18:51 +0100

On 2015-03-20, at 10:07, Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Marcin,
>
> Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>> I'm wondering what people do to keep the configuration of their Org
>> files in order.
>
> I'm not sure to correctly grasp your objective.  Could you restate it?

Sure.

Where do you put things like

or

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO | DONE

or

#+LATEX_HEADER: \newcommand{\eps}{\varepsilon}

?

>> I use a dedicated top-level headline, with a COMMENT keyword, but
>> I started to think that a :noexport: tag might be a better idea.
>>
>> Are there any advantages of one over the other, or other approaches
>> altogether?
>
> I can tell you they aren't isomorphic...  The noexport tag simply says
> "don't export this subtree".  The COMMENT keyword adds "don't run any
> Babel code block in there".

So I guess that – since the lines with options etc. are not exported
anyway – that using a :noexport: tag might be a better idea.  Am I right?

>> The reason I'm asking is that I'm tweaking my org-one-to-many utility
>> so that it propagates the config to all the generated files.
>
> Still not that clear to me.  Maybe an ECM would clarify your request?

As you wish.  This is what I usually do.

* Headline
* Another one
** Subheadline
* COMMENT Config
#+LATEX_HEADER: \newcommand{\eps}{\varepsilon}
#+SEQ_TODO: TODO | DONE CANCEL

> Best regards,
>   Seb

Best,