Re: [O] Org-Timer has nice popups; how can I use them elsewhere?

From: Bernhard Pröll
Subject: Re: [O] Org-Timer has nice popups; how can I use them elsewhere?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 08:11:16 +0100

This blogpost demonstrates the usage of org-agenda-to-appt:

http://emacs-fu.blogspot.co.at/2009/11/showing-pop-ups.html

Instead of a sound I call notify-send for example.

"Tory S. Anderson" <address@hidden> schrieb am Mon, 23. Mar 15:36:
So, orgmode timers have a nice popup when they run out; on my KDE, it's gentle
GUI-box (not emacs) that nicely rises and falls. I would love to have this as
how my appt reminders work, instead of the ugly minibuffer screeching; but
looking through the org-timer code didn't give me any ideas. How can I achieve
this?