Re: [O] [Beamer] Combining blocks, columns, and column(s) options

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [Beamer] Combining blocks, columns, and column(s) options
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 22:00:56 +0100

Matthew Gidden <address@hidden> writes:

> I just wanted to report back that this worked out perfectly. Thanks! I'd be
> happy to add documentation somewhere if it is desired.

This is already documented:

     Moreover, headlines handle the ‘BEAMER_COL’ property.  Its value
  should be a decimal number representing the width of the column as a
  fraction of the total text width.  If the headline has no specific
  environment, its title will be ignored and its contents will fill the
  column created.  Otherwise, the block will fill the whole column and the
  title will be preserved.  Two contiguous headlines with a non-‘nil’
  ‘BEAMER_COL’ value share the same ‘columns’ LaTeX environment.  It will
  end before the next headline without such a property.  This environment
  is generated automatically.  Although, it can also be explicitly
  created, with a special ‘columns’ value for ‘BEAMER_ENV’ property (if it
  needs to be set up with some specific options, for example).

in particular the last sentence.

However, feel free to improve it, or suggest an example, if you think
this is not clear.

Regards,