Re: [O] comment section with latex_header

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] comment section with latex_header
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 21:02:40 +0000

Hi Nicolas,

> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> FWIW, I agree that COMMENT should be equivalent to individual line # .
>
> I hope you mean it should be equivalent during export only. Otherwise,
> it would introduce some serious slowdown as COMMENT can be inherited.

I see.  I did not consider any possible slow-downs.  I'd expect COMMENT
to behave exactly like # in every regard -- not only export.  That is a
clearly defined behaviour, that should not produce confusion.

But I am not sure (hence my question below) whether there are use cases
that need different behaviour.

If COMMENT is only valid for export, then I would actually recommend
to rename it to make that clear.

>> Sections that should be accessible without being exported get
>> the :noexport: tag.
>>
>> Is there any usecase for COMMENTed sections that is not covered
>> by :noexport:?
>
> Babel code from a :noexport: headline is executed. It isn't when in
> a COMMENT headline. I think both are useful.

I completely agree.  My question was, what a use case would be that
requires a COMMENT that behaves different from #'ing the individual
lines (and is not covered by :noexport: already).

Regards,
Andreas