Re: [O] Define Keyboard Shortcut for "Open in Emacs"

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: [O] Define Keyboard Shortcut for "Open in Emacs"
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 09:44:50 -0400

Xavier Maillard writes:

Thank you very much for these clarifications. Should I expect anything from xdg-* when not using a desktop environment at all? (I am using something home-brewed where I could add support for something like this but that's not for now).

I am not sure. You could try xdg-open in any file from the terminal, to see if it works as expected

Also, can you share an emacsclient.desktop file ?

That is not a file, but how xdg identifies emacsclient. You can find more about it here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xdg-open

Best,

--
Jorge.