[O] Melpa and Marmalade, can they co-exist well?

From: Leo Ufimtsev
Subject: [O] Melpa and Marmalade, can they co-exist well?
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 12:32:27 -0400 (EDT)

In post below [*1] there is a comparison between Melpa/Marmalade and other
repos.

I added both to my list:
(add-to-list 'package-archives '("melpa" . "http://melpa.org/packages/";) t)
(add-to-list 'package-archives '("marmalade" .
"http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/";))

Now I wonder, I get two sets of packages. Now I wonder what to pick.
- Would melpa generally be newer than Marmalade?
- Is it ok to have some packages from melpa and some from marmalade?

Does anyone have experience having both repos?

Thank you

On the side, there is a related post:
http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/2969/is-it-possible-to-use-both-melpa-and-melpa-stable-at-the-same-time

Leo Ufimtsev | Intern Software Engineer @ Eclipse Team