Re: [O] Target and link text normalised to `orgtargetn'

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Target and link text normalised to `orgtargetn'
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 20:36:01 +0200

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> That's what I meant.  Or rather a wrapper like org-latex--label.  A
> mapping like the one that was reverted for ox-latex only.  Or are there
> pitfalls in that approach?

It will not give you predictability either since you cannot guess "4" in
"sec:4". Also, it is dangerous since a user could use \label{sec:4} for
something different. Hence the `gensym'-like approach: we're pretty safe
with "orgheadline4".

What is the real benefit of "sec:4" over "orgheadline4"? Aesthetics?

> It does not IMO. I would rather not label sections manually.

I don't understand that part. Would you mind elaborating a bit?

Regards,