[O] org-table relative reference questions

From: Jeffrey Brent McBeth
Subject: [O] org-table relative reference questions
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 09:35:28 -0400

I'm looking for a way to reference a row or column on both the left side and
right side of a table formula that is "easily" manipulable.

At first, I thought the hline references would work for me @address@hidden,
except they cannot be used on the left side of an equation.  I hoped that maybe
named fields would work (^,_), but those are apparently value aliases and not
location references.

Essentially, I want to keep a single table in which I can enter and calculate
data, and limit the computation to start at a given row that I change as I go
along.  Maybe I'm simply using the wrong tool for this, excel is certainly not
capable; so if org-table isn't either, it certainly doesn't lessen it.

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE

| F |  A |  B |  C |
|---+----+----+----|
| _ | tA | tB | tC |
|   |  1 |  3 | 42 |
|   |  2 |  4 | 69 |
|---+----+----+----|
| # |    |    |    |
#+TBLFM=@>$2=vsum(@address@hidden)::$tC=$-2+$-1

| F |  A |  B |  C |
|---+----+----+----|
|   |  1 |  3 | 42 |
| _ | tA | tB | tC |
|   |  2 |  4 | 69 |
#+TBLFM=@>$2=vsum(@address@hidden)::$tC=$-2+$-1

#+END_EXAMPLE

--
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over
 the man who cannot read them."