Re: [O] ox-latex and small caps links

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] ox-latex and small caps links
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 16:59:49 -1000

Aloha David,

David Dynerman <address@hidden> writes:

>> ,---------------------------------------------
>> | Code within @@latex:some code@@ a paragraph.
>> `---------------------------------------------
>
> This works great! Thanks Tom!

Good news.

> It might be nice to document this somehwere, to make the transition a
> little easier when 8.3 rolls out and the old [[latex:textsc][Hello]]
> links cause export errors.

I just tested the latex link type and it seems to work fine here with a
recent Org mode from master.

I executed the source code block and then exported the following buffer
to LaTeX.

,------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| #+LATEX_CLASS: article
| #+DATE: \today
|
| * Test link type
| This is [[latex:textsc][small caps]].
|
| * Link type                                                        :noexport:
| #+begin_src emacs-lisp
| (org-add-link-type
|  "latex" nil
|  (lambda (path desc format)
|    (cond
|     ((eq format 'html)
|      (format "<span class=\"%s\">%s</span>" path desc))
|     ((eq format 'latex)
|      (format "\\%s{%s}" path desc)))))
| #+end_src
`------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The LaTeX output looks fine:

,-----------------------------
| \begin{document}
|
| \tableofcontents
|
| \section{Test link type}
| \label{sec-1}
| This is \textsc{small caps}.
| \end{document}

Did your recent Org mode upgrade lose the latex link type somehow?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye