Re: [O] navigate between source code blocks

From: Leo Ufimtsev
Subject: Re: [O] navigate between source code blocks
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 09:55:23 -0400 (EDT)

>And it's got the best Helm implementation for navigating to
headings.

Well, when I hear someone use the word 'best', I see it as a challenge X-D.

I used worf-goto for a while. It's certainly amazing and on the odd occasion I
still use it, but lately I've switched over to: helm-org-in-buffer-headings

The difference is that worf-goto only looks at the specific headings (e.g the
line it self), where as helm-org-in-buffer-headings searches the whole
hierarchy.

E.g if I have a structure like this:

* Gdb
** Break
*** on line  (1)
*** on function
* Eclipse
** Break
*** on line
*** on function

And I search for "gdb break line", then I will not get a match with worf-goto,
but helm-org-in-buffer-headings does do a match on (1).

For example in the attached screenshot I search for "gdb cmd break". It's also
smart enough to trim long headings.

This is particularly useful for finding the deeply nested sub-items.

from what I gather, worf doesn't have an equivalent:
https://github.com/abo-abo/worf/blob/master/worf.el
Imho it would benefit from having something of that sort in the package.

> It just takes vi-style "hjkl" arrows, because
Emacs-style "bnpf" arrows aren't convenient.

Well, I use the Colemak layout, so hjkl is actually not very convenient for me
:-/. Meh.

Leo Ufimtsev | Intern Software Engineer @ Eclipse Team