Re: [O] Installing from Git

From: Vicente Vera
Subject: Re: [O] Installing from Git
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 21:35:15 -0300

Hello. This is my Org-from-Git recipe:

After you've cloned the repository (master branch), run "make" and
then edit the "local.mk" file. There you'll find a variable named
"prefix"; change it according to your Emacs installation.

In my setup, Emacs files live in /usr/share/emacs/ so I leave "prefix"
unchanged. In a previous installation it was in
/usr/local/share/emacs/ so I wrote "prefix = /usr/local/share".

Only then run "make install". Now the Info manual will be correctly installed.

Also important, add this line to your init file:

(require 'org-loaddefs)

That should do it.