Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 15:16:52 +0200

Hi,

>> But note that I am more interested in an inline noting/todo functionality
>> as opposed to annotation functionality.
>
> Inline noting is
>

>     Text[@:address@hidden
>
>   * Annotations
>
>   [@:1:] My note.

My guess would be that most notes are short.  For such notes, but not
necessarily for longer notes, [@:NOTE] would be more convenient.  Though I
don't know what the "@" signifies.  I think whatever is the value of
#+TODO makes more sense as prefixes.

I don't think it would be easy to convince coauthors of documents, who are
not using Emacs, that this is something "easy" to use.  I guess not many
people do XML in Nano or Notepad, since keeping track of opening and
closing tags is a pain.

Formatting tags, e.g. *, are somehow natural and shorter.  Blocks are
"easy" to see.

> I don't know what is a TODO functionality since you suggest to not make
> it appear in the agenda.

E.g. "Sentence about BAR [TODO: add reference to FOO and check BAZ]".  I
don't need that in my agenda.

>> Also, for annotation, would it not be annoying, in review session say, to
>> have the notes so "far away" from the text?  Perhaps not with the right
>> helping tools.
>
> Again, not with proper tooling, e.g, remote editing like footnotes.

But this is a change to the *format*, not its principal editor.

—Rasmus

--
Er du tosset for noge' lårt!