Re: [O] Incomplete org-plus-contrib

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [O] Incomplete org-plus-contrib
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 10:53:34 +0200

Hi!

Kaushal <address@hidden> writes:

> I was following the installation instructions on http://orgmode.org/elpa.html
>
> because I wanted to have the org and the contrib packages installed via the
> emacs package manager.
>
> I installed the org-plus-contrib "package" from the package manager as
> per the instructions but it is missing the org-eww.el (the very reason
> I wanted to install the contrib stuff).
>
> But I see that org-eww.el is indeed still present in the org git:
> http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/tree/contrib/lisp/org-eww.el
>
> Can you please review why that file is not present in org-plus-contrib?

IIUC org-eww is missing because it is not included in branch 'maint'.
Possibly it is a good idea to put org-eww there.

Could you test org-eww, please?

It's easy.

- download
  http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/plain/contrib/lisp/org-eww.el,

- load it into Emacs

- M-x eval-buffer

- test test test

When you find org-eww valuable the next step could be the merge to
branch maint.

Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks and best regards,  Marco
--