Re: [O] How to sort an unordered list?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] How to sort an unordered list?
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 14:02:28 -0400

Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been unable to sort an unordered list as per
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Plain-lists.html where it says 'C-c ^' but
> everytime I try on a highlighted region it just inserts ^ at the
> beginning of the first item.

If I highlight the region and press C-c ^, I get "Nothing to sort",
but it does not insert a caret. It looks as if your Control-C is ignored
somehow.

Once you get the C-c issue straightened out, don't highlight the region:
just place the cursor somewhere in the list and type C-c ^ and then
select what kind of sorting you want from the menu in the echo area.

Nick