Re: [O] How to sort an unordered list?

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: [O] How to sort an unordered list?
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 20:07:22 +0100

Subhan Michael Tindall <address@hidden> writes:

> Are you using CUA mode by any chance?  If this is the case, when you
> highlight and hit C-c you are copying the region.
> Try C-S-c  ^ (same as C-C ^) (which using the non-CUA key binding)
> And should sort just find for you.
> The use of shift to override CUA bindings is very helpful, works
> for C-v & C-x too.

Thanks for this Subhan Michael, and Nick.

I wasn't aware of the usage of shift, and when I try it on John's
testing setup, I get an error message displayed in the echo area
which says "user-error: No surrounding element".

I've had these sorts of problems before with various commands, on
this computer which was new in February this year, and its
predecessor. But the common element with both is that I've used the
same USB keyboard! So I'll swap it over to another USB keyboard I
have tomorrow, and see if that changes things.

Thanks
Sharon.