Re: [O] [Bug] ~Verbatim~ in headlines breaks LaTeX

From: Titus von der Malsburg
Subject: Re: [O] [Bug] ~Verbatim~ in headlines breaks LaTeX
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 15:58:54 -0700

On 2015-06-05 Fri 14:27, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Titus von der Malsburg <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Below is a list of things that I tested.  This list of test cases is
>> probably not exhaustive.
>
> Thanks.
>
>> Things that don't work with \verb (produce malformed LaTeX):
>>
>>     #+TITLE: ~test~
>>
>>     #+CAPTION: ~test~
>>     [[/tmp/img.png]]
>>
>>     * ~test~
>>     ** ~test~
>>     …

Thee can be handled by protectedtexttt.  The obvious questions is of
course: Wouldn’t it be more consistent to handle all instances of ~code~
using protectedtexttt?  And if you want to support the use of \verb at
all, shouldn’t that be done via =verbatim= not ~code~?

>> These two did not produce the intended results (sub and super script
>> don’t work) but the LaTeX is not malformed:
>>
>>     test^~test~
>>     test_~test~

This really seems to be an independent issue (because test^*test*
doesn’t work either) but I think it should produce this LaTeX:

    test\(^{\text{\texttt{test}}}\)
    test\(_{\text{\texttt{test}}}\)

But this works, too:

    test\(^{\text{\verb~test~}}\)