Re: [O] custom agenda on TODO keywords and catagory

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] custom agenda on TODO keywords and catagory
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 22:04:43 +0100

Hello Xebar,

Xebar Saram writes:

> im trying to create a custom agenda based on TODO keywords and category but
> with no success. i have this code block
>
> ("z" "Office block agenda" todo "TODO|BGU|EXP"
>          (
>           (tags-todo  "CATEGORY=\"work\"")
>           ))
>

> this does work but shows the 3 todo types from all agenda files and not
> just agenda files that have the #+CATEGORY: work on top
>
> any clue what im missing here?

I think you are mixing up the two ways of using the variable.  From the
help (view it by doing C-h v org-agenda-custom-commands) the two ways
are:

(key desc type match settings files)

(key desc (cmd1 cmd2 ...) general-settings-for-whole-set files)

Therefore, I think if you are aiming for the first version you would use
tags-todo in place of todo and merge the category clause into the todo
keyword clause and it should give you what you want.

Myles