Re: [O] Links

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: [O] Links
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 15:32:28 +0200

Hello,

So, export process doesn't url-decode links, and cannot handle the link
above.

This is what I was missing :-)

At this point, it seems that all is left are cheesy approaches. E.g,
when a path matches "%[A-Za-z0-9]\\{2\\}", decode it during export. This
leaves pathological cases (e.g., when you really meant, for some very
good reason, to have a headline called "* %25"), though. That's not
great either.

WDYT?

I don't know what is realistic. I see the tradeoffs are tight.

Ideally, url encoded links should have been prefixed with some kind of uri syntax.
This way, you could know what to decode and what not.

Now, I guess the heuristic you propose would be fine in most cases.
I don't see that people will put a lot of percentages in their links.

Thanks for the explanations !

Fabrice

Regards,

--