Re: [O] Time-zone in dates

From: Left Right
Subject: Re: [O] Time-zone in dates
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 17:33:34 +0300

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 5:12 PM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
> Somebody to program the
> functionality in but this is a major challenge as time stamps are a
> fundamental building block of org and it would likely need to be upwards
> compatible...
> --
> : Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-1247-ga833d3

Thanks for the info, Eric. I imagined this wouldn't be easy, but I
would be interested to know whether there might be some suggestions,
possibly to split the work up into stages. For example, perhaps, at
first one could only live with dates typed in in that format, but the
calendar wouldn't offer an interface to input them. Perhaps there
could be even more fine-grained stages. I'm also not entirely sure,
but I have a feeling that that might be a problem as well: does
interoperability with Calc require certain date format? Would Calc
have to also have to support this, once added?

Thanks.

Oleg