Re: [O] Tangling takes long - profiling and calling R

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Tangling takes long - profiling and calling R
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 13:51:30 +0200

Hello,

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> There is also a semantic difference in the two approaches as to whether
> a remote invocation of a babel block (via e.g. #+call) uses the
> properties from the block’s document position, or from the call’s.
>
> Before deprecating the feature, the bugs should be fixed (if they are
> really bugs), and the semantic differences explicated better.

I'm all ears to bug reports.

However, the point is not about deprecating the feature. It /is/ marked
as deprecated already, and has been so during the last two years.
Keeping both is just confusing and not necessary, since you can override
properties locally, with appropriate arguments.

I suggest to remove the old "dynamic" setting and improve the new
"lexical" one, if needed. Of course, it can wait Org 8.4, but it should
be signaled during Org 8.3 release already.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou