[O] Paste from clip/kill ring as cold block?

From: Xebar Saram
Subject: [O] Paste from clip/kill ring as cold block?
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 12:40:55 +0300

Hi list

i use code block alot in my various org mode users. while the C-c C-v d is fast to use i find that alot of my use cases are focused on pasting stuff and then converting that into code blocks. i was wondering if anyone knew or uses his own mini script of a way to paste from the clipboard/killring as a code block?
ie if i have XYZ in the clip it would paste asĀ

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lispĀ
XYZ
#+END_SRC

maybe one could use hydra to choose which language to paste as code

just an idea, would love to hear if anyone is using something similar

best