Re: [O] export to html stuck in loop scanning for org IDs

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] export to html stuck in loop scanning for org IDs
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 14:16:06 +0200

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for looking into this!

Bruce Gilstrap <address@hidden> writes:

> I had started down the path of bisecting the file, but wasn't having much
> luck isolating the problem, so I posted the question. I had some time to
> get back to it this afternoon, and I eventually tracked this down. It had
> to do with a missing ID rather than a duplicate one. The file contained a
> link to an ID that no longer existed in the file (or in any other org
> files), but it wasn't listed in the *Messages* buffer and export kept
> searching through all my org files over and over until I pressed C-g. When
> I removed that link, I still had some other problems in the file with text
> links, i.e. [[target]], that didn't have a matching target, i.e.,
> <<target>>, but now these were identified in the *Messages* buffer (one per
> export attempt until I found them all). Once all of those were fixed, the
> export ran successfully.

This sounds nasty.  Would you be able to produce some minimal examples
that trigger this behavior?

Also, do you see the problems when starting a plain Emacs (emacs -q or
emacs -Q depending on your setup).

> I do use #+INCLUDE, but that is not the problem here.

INCLUDE is a lot more powerful in Org 8.3 than 8.2.  I though I'd perhaps
introduced new, unknown recursion bugs.  But now we know it is unrelated.

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
May contains speling mistake