Re: [O] Org-mode exporters licensing

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode exporters licensing
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 13:50:46 +0200

On 2015-07-27, at 11:46, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 11:05, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Frankly speaking, I'm rather astonished at your and Eric's answers.
>> I treated my question as a formality, and expected answers like "Of
>> course you can do it, don't be silly."
>
> Oh, sorry!  I thought you actually did want to get some feedback on
> this.  I'm not bothered at all what you do with your code ;-).

;-)

Well, I did want that.  I just didn't expect this...

> Some of us, for better or for worse, have lived through the whole
> development of "open source", "free software", "public domain".  I
> release my first software as "pd" back in the late 70s!  Back then, the
> main worry was about implied warranties and not software
> freedom.  Different world...

I guess.

> And, by the way, copyright and licensing are two completely different
> issues (in response to an earlier email of yours in this thread)...

True.  I should have said (probably) "intellectual property law".
Notice how the very name contains a lie: there is no such thing as
"intellectual property", since "intellectual" things are not material
and thus cannot be a "property" at all.

And now I have another question, but I'll put in in a separate thread,
I guess.

> cheers,
> eric

Best,