Re: [O] John's amazing indexing posts

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: [O] John's amazing indexing posts
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 15:19:35 +0200

Hi Erik,

Erik Hetzner <address@hidden> writes:
> I previously hooked up org with recoll with pretty good results.
> http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/recoll/

Thanks for the link. I tried it, and it actually works great on my
system (unlike swish-e). And I did no configuration of mimeinfo, I only
told it to index my whole org/ directory.

If anyone is interested, I've added an Emacs interface to recallq (a
shell tool that comes with recoll that you have to build yourself).  See
counsel-recoll command from
https://github.com/abo-abo/swiper/blob/master/counsel.el.

Initially, this command gives you a list of files that match the
query. After selecting the file, it's searched for the current query.
Unfortunately, the -A (abstract) switch isn't as useful as the context
that e.g. grep gives, so I went only with the file names.

regards,
Oleh