Re: [O] Questions about exporting: subtitle, level formating, custom hig

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Questions about exporting: subtitle, level formating, custom highlight markers error
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 11:19:27 -0400

You may find this post on highlighting text helpful:
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2015/07/28/A-highlight-annotation-mode-for-Emacs-using-font-lock/

I think it also lays the foundation for thinking about how to get it to
export, although you would need to do this as a preprocessing step
before the org export to replace highlighted regions by the appropriate markup.

It also sounds like you could use the highlight-regexp function for what
you want.

Something like this might do what you want (use the face you prefer).

(defface my-face3
  `((t (:inherit org-link :foreground "red")))
  "My face")

(highlight-regexp "·[^·]*·" 'my-face3)

(unhighlight-regexp "·[^·]*·")

·test·