Re: [O] "Capture"-like browser plugin?

From: Daniele Pizzolli
Subject: Re: [O] "Capture"-like browser plugin?
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 15:03:36 +0200

On Tue, Jul 28 2015, Peter Davis wrote:

> Daniele Pizzolli writes:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 23 2015, Peter Davis wrote:

[]

>> https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/org-mode-capture/
>>

> Thank you, Daniele. I'm afraid I haven't been able to get this to work on a
> Mac. I have the Firefox add-in installed, and emacs
> configured, but when I click the icon, nothing (seems to) happen(s).

Hello Peter,

I did most of the development months ago and I do not remember a lot.

By looking at the mozilla doc[1] you should be find some pointer on how
to enable logging/debugging for extensions.

The line where emacs is launched is at [2].

I do not know a lot of Mac, maybe you miss the emacsclient command or
PATH?  Maybe the run() at [2] does not work on Mac?

A manual test would be to execute on a console something like:

emacsclient
'org-protocol://capture://https%3A%2F%2Fdeveloper.mozilla.org%2Fen-US%2FAdd-ons%2FSDK%2FTools%2Fconsole%23Logging_Levels/console%20-%20Mozilla%20%7C%
20MDN/console'

If the latter does work the problem should be in the run() call.

Hope this helps,
Daniele

[1]
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/Setting_up_extension_development_environment