Re: [O] Insert org-id Link at Point via Outline Path Completion

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Insert org-id Link at Point via Outline Path Completion
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 15:03:42 -0400

usually it is pretty easy to add new functions in helm, but it is less
easy in this case because the source is dynamically generated from a
function. So, in this case I think we have to just redefine the function
that generates the source. here is an example that I think makes an id
link as a new action.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun helm-org-insert-id-link-to-heading-at-marker (marker)
  (with-current-buffer (marker-buffer marker)
    (let ((file-name (buffer-file-name))
          (id (save-excursion (goto-char (marker-position marker))
                              (org-id-get-create)
                              (org-id-store-link))))

      (with-helm-current-buffer
        (org-insert-link
         file-name id)))))

(cl-defun helm-source-org-headings-for-files (filenames
                                              &optional (min-depth 1)
(max-depth 8))
  (helm-build-sync-source "Org Headings"
    :candidates (helm-org-get-candidates filenames min-depth max-depth)
    :action '(("Go to line" . helm-org-goto-marker)
              ("Refile to this heading" . helm-org-heading-refile)
              ("Insert link to this heading"
               . helm-org-insert-link-to-heading-at-marker)
              ("Insert id link to this heading" .
               helm-org-insert-id-link-to-heading-at-marker))))

#+END_SRC