Re: [O] Trouble with autofill mode

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Trouble with autofill mode
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 10:10:34 -0400

I would have thought something like this would work:
(defun nobreak-p ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((result (if (and (looking-at " ")
                         (save-excursion
                           (re-search-forward "[^{]*}" (line-end-position)
'end))
                         (save-excursion
                           (re-search-backward "[^}]*\\\\index{"
(line-beginning-position) 'end)))
                  nil)))
    (message "%s" result)
    result))

(add-hook 'fill-nobreak-predicate #'nobreak-p)

at least, from what I can see it returns true everywhere it should not
break, but I still get breaks where I do not want them. maybe it could
give you an idea though.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F