[O] [OFF TOPIC] almost giving up on emacs email..looking for advice?

From: Xebar Saram
Subject: [O] [OFF TOPIC] almost giving up on emacs email..looking for advice?
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 15:43:07 +0300

Hi list

I know this is a bit off topic but im desperately looking for some advice regarding email through emacs.

i have tried a bunch of them over the last month (gnus, mu4e, wanderlust, rmail,mew and maybe other i forget).
I had various levels of success with each one to setup (it was never easy) but i ended up sorta settling on mu4e. the problem is that mu4e never managed to work properly for me (headers were not updating when new mail arrived, reply was broken etc) so i had to give up

What i want is basically pretty simple. an easy to setup email for emacs, but one that would work tightly with gmail since i do a lot of mail checking on the road via my cellphone.

any advise. recommendations or setups that maybe people are willing to share?

thx so much in advance