Re: [O] [bug] canonical context not work in 8.3

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] canonical context not work in 8.3
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 18:38:55 -0700

thank you for fixing.

canonical is always what i want, except for occur-tree.

i did profiler-start then went to org file a few times to average out
the results.  did i use the correct profiler?

 command-execute                                               60148  99%
 - call-interactively                                           60148  99%
  - org-agenda-switch-to                                        59299  98%
   - org-show-context                                           59299  98%
    - org-show-set-visibility                                   59299  98%
     - show-children                                            59170  97%
      - outline-end-of-subtree                                  35938  59%
         outline-next-heading                                    9399  15%
         org-outline-level                                       4047   6%
      - outline-map-region                                      23168  38%
       + #<compiled 0xfc19ab>                                    9558  15%
         outline-next-heading                                    7399  12%
     + org-up-heading-safe                                        117   0%
     + org-show-entry                                               4   0%
     + org-flag-heading                                             4   0%

On 8/6/15, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> (setq org-show-context-detail '((default . canonical))) not work
>>
>> going from agenda appears to show the first child,
>
> This should be fixed in maint. Thank you.
>
>> and takes 5s or so.
>
> Could you provide a profiling report for this?
>
>> my expectation is that canonical visibility shows no entry
>> and no children.  first child is non-canonical (i.e. cannot
>> be reproduced with arrows and tab).
>
> First child only is non-canonical. However, canonical is the state
> obtained after hitting TAB on a headline. I think you want `minimal'
> instead.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou

Ramsay's disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  And
ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.