Re: [O] Cookies on check-boxed plain lists don't get updated

From: Gerald Wildgruber
Subject: Re: [O] Cookies on check-boxed plain lists don't get updated
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:40:54 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

thanks for the fix! The sub list cookie does get updated now, perfect!

Yet, check out this example from p.57 of the Org Manual (ch. "Checkboxes"):

* TODO Organize party [2/4]
 - [-] call people [1/3]
   - [ ] Peter
   - [X] Sarah
   - [ ] Sam
 - [X] order food
 - [ ] think about what music to play
 - [X] talk to the neighbors

With the new code now this gives:

* TODO Organize party [3/7]
 - [-] call people [1/3]
   - [ ] Peter
   - [X] Sarah
   - [ ] Sam
 - [X] order food
 - [ ] think about what music to play
 - [X] talk to the neighbors

Per default, the count now happens through ALL levels irrespective of
hierarchy ("organize party now has SEVEN sub tasks, not FOUR).

So the default behavior with regard to
"org-checkbox-hierarchical-statistics" has changed.

Manual: "Each cookie covers checkboxes of direct children structurally
below the headline/item on which the cookie appears. Set the option
org-checkbox-hierarchical-statistics if you want such cookies to count
all checkboxes below the cookie, not just those belonging to direct
children."

Perhaps it should be reflected in the Manual also.

Thanks again for your quick help!

Gerald.