Re: [O] [OFF TOPIC] almost giving up on emacs email..looking for advice?

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: [O] [OFF TOPIC] almost giving up on emacs email..looking for advice?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 12:04:31 +0200

On this thread, I will report quite a different user experience.
I have been a long time user of emacs and Gnus (Emacs since 1987).
I have been using (ding) Gnus under Windows NT in the late 90's and up to about 2010.

But now, I process my mail using the GMail browser interface.
The reasons are mostly due to :
- emacs is slow, chrome displays email more precisely and more quickly
- emacs is not multi-threaded, hence it may get stuck processing stuff.
Using the browser to process mail allows me not to be disturbed when I'm writing documents or programming using Emacs.

I'll keep and eye on the solutions that have been reported here though.

Best regards,

Fabrice