[O] Macros or properties in source blocks

From: Gary Oberbrunner
Subject: [O] Macros or properties in source blocks
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 12:34:31 -0400

I'd like to have either a macro or a property that controls some behavior of an org-mode babel file:

#+PROPERTY: report_type All

and use that property inline: {{{property(report_type)}}} and in a source block:

#+NAME: rtype
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results value
{{{property(report_type)}}}
#+END_SRC

And use that source block:

The report type is call_rtype()[:results raw]

But this doesn't work, I get "Symbol's value as variable is void: {{{property

Is there any way to interpolate macros or properties into a source block like this? Or is there a better way for me to set org-mode "global variables" at the top of my file?

--
Gary