Re: [O] A bug with expanding headlines of the sparse tree?

From: Meir Goldenberg
Subject: Re: [O] A bug with expanding headlines of the sparse tree?
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 11:25:43 +0300

Is there an alternative to TAB when I want to work only with the sparse tree and all the other entries only distract me? If not, can I somehow open the sparse tree in a separate buffer?

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 1:56 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Meir Goldenberg <address@hidden> writes:

> I do not quite understand. You wrote: "TAB discloses the entry and all
> children. It also leaves the entry in an editable state." However, Task2 is
> not a child of the entry being disclosed (Task1).

I explained why hiding Task2 leaves entry in an uncomfortable state,
where you could edit near ellipsis.

> Furthermore, by constructing the sparse tree, I am telling org-mode
> that I am only interested to see the sub-trees under the tasks marked
> as TODO!

TAB ignores you want to keep a sparse tree. Note that it is also used to
get out of parse trees, i.e., get a normal view again.

Regards,