[O] org-mode 3.5.1 @ emacs 24: invalid-functon 41

From: Martin Steffen
Subject: [O] org-mode 3.5.1 @ emacs 24: invalid-functon 41
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 06:41:50 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I have recently git-pulled the latest org-mode (and make-compiled it).
Since the upgrade, org is basically broken. If I visit a file, emacs answers
with invalid-function 41 (I have debug-on-error to "t", but it does not give
much info where it chokes).

I have now org-version 3.5.1. Before the upgrade, it was, I assume some
3.5.0 (maybe 3.5.0h, and that worked).

emacs-version: 24.5.2

If I use emacs 23.1, the problem goes away.

To avoid interference with too many loaded packages (including org-features).
I started emacs with

   emacs --no-init-file

and eval'ed just the following 3 lines

(setq load-path (cons "~/gnu/emacs/24/lisp/org/lisp" load-path))
(setq load-path (cons "~/gnu/emacs/24/lisp/org/contrib/lisp" load-path))
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))

Here's some other errors in the *Messages* buffer:

Problems while trying to load feature `org-bbdb'
Problems while trying to load feature `org-bibtex'
Problems while trying to load feature `org-docview'
Problems while trying to load feature `org-gnus'
Problems while trying to load feature `org-info'
Problems while trying to load feature `org-irc'
Problems while trying to load feature `org-mhe'
Problems while trying to load feature `org-rmail'
File mode specification error: (invalid-function 41)