Re: [O] current status of citation syntax discussion

From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset
Subject: Re: [O] current status of citation syntax discussion
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 16:38:13 +0200

Thanks to Eric's example (here : https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-01/msg01262.html ) I have succeeded to use ox-bibtex.el. \cite{} in the org file works both for html and latex.

Nevertheless, I wonder how to get for org-file the org citation syntax [[cite: ]] instead of \cite{} when I choose a reference from my references.bib file . Is it possible to change this point in order to get the same org file than in Eric's example ?

I just finded a solution here : https://tincman.wordpress.com/2011/01/04/research-paper-management-with-emacs-org-mode-and-reftex/

and here is the adaptation of the code in my init.el :

(defun org-mode-reftex-setup ()
  (load-library "reftex")
  (and (buffer-file-name) (file-exists-p (buffer-file-name))
       (progn
     ;enable auto-revert-mode to update reftex when bibtex file changes on disk
     (global-auto-revert-mode t)
     (reftex-parse-all)
     ;add a custom reftex cite format to insert links
     (reftex-set-cite-format
  (define-key org-mode-map (kbd "C-c ]") 'reftex-citation))

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'org-mode-reftex-setup)

with # \bibliography{reforg} at the beginning of my .org file, referring to my .bib file, it works.

Best wishes,

Jo.