Re: [O] element-debug-mode breaks capture

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] element-debug-mode breaks capture
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 15:43:31 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Wednesday, 19 Aug 2015 at 12:55, Bastien wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> With a 13MO file, with 500 headlines, each containing about 100
>>> paragraphs, editing the end of the last paragraph (unfill/fill)
>>> is just very fast.
>>
>> What about editing at the start of the file?
>
> Very fast.  I made a small movie, that'll help telling if I'm
> doing the wrong tests:
>
> http://bzg.fr/u/org-element-cache-test.ogv

You edit the first paragraph of a section, which is always fast.

Try 1000 paragraphs in a single entry and move to the end of line
anywhere in the last one.

Also, try (require 'benchmark) (benchmark 1 '(org-element-at-point))
*twice* with or without `org-element-use-cache' in that last paragraph.

Without cache, parsing doesn't scale. Some users reported already in
th past having issues with speed on large documents.

Regards,