[O] Bug: Capturing to datetree with inactive timestamp messes up level o

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: [O] Bug: Capturing to datetree with inactive timestamp messes up level of heading
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 00:06:51 +0200

Dear org-mode developers,

customizing org to add timestamps in datetrees via …
(org-datetree-add-timestamp (quote inactive) nil nil "Add an
inactive time stamp when create a datetree entry.")… and
activating a minimal capture template which captures to a
datetree results in:

a)

* 2015
** 2015-08 August
*** 2015-08-19 Mittwoch
[2015-08-19 Mi]
** actual entry heading of captured item

The heading of the newly captured item is at level 2 instead at
level 4.  I consider this to be a bug.  A second capture item to
the same day is correctly created at level 4 (and bevor the first
captured item which does not belong to the same (or any) day in
the datetree).

2)

The timestamp is added to the heading of the day under which the
captured item is stored iff the day entry is created for this
capture.

I think the timestamp should go with the actual captured entry.
This allows for a timestamp for each captured entry under the
same date heading.  They may be made at different days.

3)

The timestamp adds only a date but I think it’s much more
interesting to capture with date+time.  Think of several journal
entries all done at the same day but at different times of a day.

All three observations werde made with an otherwise uncustimazed
org-mode (emacs -Q).  I created the journal capture template from
the org-capture prompt („C“).

Org-mode version 8.3.1 (release_8.3.1-120-gc5cbc6 @
/home/grfz/src/org-mode/lisp/)
GNU Emacs 25.0.50.6 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5) of 2015-08-19 on
boo

Thanks for your attention, Gregor