Re: [O] HTML export / list issues

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] HTML export / list issues
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 14:58:35 +0200

Hello,

Jarmo Hurri <address@hidden> writes:

> Below is a (hopefully) self-explanatory org file of my problem and the
> associated html export.
>
> Jarmo
>
> * Problem description
>   The examples below illustrate three problems I have with lists and
>   html export at the moment.
>   1. lists alphabetized in org are enumerated in html

Actually this is a wrong assumption. Org only distinguishes enumerated,
itemized and description lists. There are no sub-categories.

In the buffer, you may write an enumerated list item "1.", "1)", "a.",
"A.", "a)" or "A)", but they are all the same.

For this kind of thing, setting an appropriate CSS could be an option.

>   2. code evaluation breaks list continuation
>   3. centering of raw html does not work using begin center and
>      end center
> * Example
>   I am making a hierarchical list with some code in it.
>   1. level 1 first
>      a) level 2 first; I was hoping this would be alphabetized in html
>         like it is in org, but it is still enumerated
>      b) the next item has some code in it; it has been evaluated with
>         C-c C-c to obtain the result
>      c)
>       #+BEGIN_SRC elisp :exports results
>       (+ 1 2)
>       #+END_SRC
>
>  #+RESULTS:
>  : 3

This is because "a)" is not recognized as a list item in your buffer.

 Make sure you have a non-nil 'org-list-allow-alphabetical' and
`org-plain-list-ordered-item-terminator' is either t or ?). These
variables need to be set before Org is loaded. If you set them in
current session, make sure to reload Org.

>   2. here is another element with some code; I am trying to center the
>      result of the evalution of this code in html
>      #+NAME: code-example
>      #+BEGIN_SRC elisp :exports results :results raw
>      (- 9 14) #+END_SRC
>
>      #+BEGIN_CENTER
>      #+RESULTS: code-example
>      -5
>      #+END_CENTER
>   3. but for some reason the result is not centered

This generates

  -5

perhaps someone more versed in HTML could tell what is wrong here.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou