Re: [O] Collaborative Team Project Management with Orgmode?

From: Peter Salazar
Subject: Re: [O] Collaborative Team Project Management with Orgmode?
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:15:24 -0400

So what would it take to make Gnorb work with org-contacts and mu4e? I know Gnorb works with Gnus, but in my opinion, Gnorb's ability to automatically "catch" and identify incoming emails isn't as useful as its other features.

In other words, if using Gnorb with mu4e required the user to manually flag an incoming email through a function like "add-message-to-gnorb," Gnorb would still retain 99% of its usefulness. The most useful functionality, as John Kitchin noted, would be to capture information from a mu4e email reply, and process it and incorporate it back into an org-mode file.

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:
John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> unless those services have some kind of API, and you have the desire to
> implement it in emacs, you might be out of luck.
>
> I am trying to figure out a way to do collaborative work via email,
> where I am the project coordinator. The idea is to use my email.el code
> to send headlines to people I need information or action from, and then
> to have them reply to the email. Then, I would have some easy way to get
> information out of the reply back to the heading (e.g. TODO state
> change, info etc...). Probably I would embed some org-id link in the email,
> and "train" the users not to delete it. This is only a half-baked idea
> so far.
>
> It would integrate org-contacts, mu4e, and org-mode in my setup.

Sounds exactly like Gnorb! Except org-contacts instead of BBDB, and mu4e
instead of Gnus :(