Re: [O] emacs & org mode for scholars questions

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] emacs & org mode for scholars questions
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 06:39:38 -0400

Interesting. I could see some interesting extensions to it. I use
button-lock to alert me to interesting (to me) text in my buffers a lot,
which is a little less intrusive. For example, any names in my
org-contacts are highlighted in a light pink background with a context
tool tip and made clickable to access functions like open the contact,
email the contact, etc... This is done with a large regexp pattern
through font-lock, but it would be interesting do that with some kind of
asynchronously run function that doesn't get in my way. I have not used
functions in font lock yet, but I think it can be done.

When you say trawled, is this with some indexing tool, or something you
wrote?

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F