Re: [O] Not getting replies from the orgmode list to my e-mail address

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Not getting replies from the orgmode list to my e-mail address
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:34:10 +0800

address@hidden (Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo) writes:

> Kyle Meyer writes:
>
>> address@hidden (Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo) writes:

>>> I would add: and should not. Otherwise people subscribed to the
>>> list get the message twice.
>>
>> Directing a reply to somebody and cc'ing the list is common practice
>> on many lists, including this list and emacs.devel.  If you want to
>> avoid duplicates, you'll have better luck filtering on your end.
>
> I do not subscribe with my email to lists, but using news.gwene.org in
> gnus. There must be a way to check for duplicates in two different
> servers, but so few people reply to both the personal email address
> and the email list that I have never found the need to look how to set
> that up. I just delete the email and get slightly annoyed. I also have
> gnus-confirm-mail-reply-to-news set to t not to make the mistake of
> replying instead of following-up to news.

I'm also reading through the Gnus newsreader. Personally I appreciate
getting replies emailed to me directly, because some of these groups are
high traffic and it can be easy to miss replies to threads.

In your case, have you tried setting the Mail-Followup-To header? Gnus
also provides the `gnus-suppress-duplicates' option, which will at least
mark the duplicates as read. That helps a bit.

Eric