Re: [O] Not getting replies from the orgmode list to my e-mail address

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Not getting replies from the orgmode list to my e-mail address
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:56:14 +0800

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm also reading through the Gnus newsreader. Personally I appreciate
>> getting replies emailed to me directly, because some of these groups are
>> high traffic and it can be easy to miss replies to threads.
>
> +1.  Also it's a big help when searching for old threads.  I wish I could
> to the following:
>
> 1. set a followup-like header that says to always include me.  However, I
>    think followup itself might not be great since e.g. Nicolas uses it to
>    exclude himself.
>
> 2. set up Gnus so that when I click F it would send copies to gmane and
>    the author of the email I reply to.

Next-best option is F, followed C-c C-t to add a mail response to the
sender (which warns you if they don't want it). Maybe that could be
wrapped up in a function called
`gnus-summary-followup-with-original-and-maybe-mail-author' (not really)
that would follow-up the article, then check the Mail-Followup-To header
and add a mail message if desired.