Re: [O] (org-entry-get (point) "CLOCK") fails now

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] (org-entry-get (point) "CLOCK") fails now
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 15:06:32 +0200

On 2015-08-30, at 14:25, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Martin Kaffanke <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Why is "CLOCK" property now missing (after elpa updates) in
>> org-entry-get?
>
> I removed it because it was not used in the code base, and the stored
> value was dubious anyway, i.e., the first CLOCK keyword in the entry,
> which could also be the first chronologically, or the last one, or
> anything between since there is no rule about the order of CLOCK
> keywords in an entry.
>
>> And how do I have to rewrite my code now?
>
> I don't have enough information to answer.
>
> What is your code supposed to do? What did you use CLOCK property for?

Let me hijack this thread a bit;-), since my issue seems similar.
I need to get the number of minutes just clocked (so only the last clock
entry) in org-clock-out-hook.  Currently, what I'm doing is very
hackish: I check current-message for regex "LINE REMOVED$", and if it
doesn't match, I do looking-back with a regex catching things like 0:12.
All this seems extremely fragile.  Is there a better way?  (Probably
yes, but what is it?)

> Regards,

Best,

--