Re: [O] Need help with HTML export custom postamble

From: Thomas S . Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Need help with HTML export custom postamble
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 15:36:31 -1000

David A. Gershman <address@hidden> writes:

>> # Local Variables:
>> # org-html-postamble: t
>> # org-export-html-postamble-format: "Hello World"
>> # End:
> Either typing C-c C-c, or just opening the file will ask me about the
> variables.  I answer 'y', but still get the default postamble.

Are you using an old Org mode, pre 8.0?  I believe that's when the old
org-export-* variables lost the "export" part.

At any rate, the problem appears to be that org-html-postamble-format
(in Org mode > 8.0) is an association list, not a string.

This works for me using a recent Org mode:

# Local Variables:
# org-html-postamble: t
# eval: (add-to-list 'org-html-postamble-format (quote ("en" "Hello World")))
# End:

At least, I get the cons cell added to the association list, and the
change is local to the buffer.  I didn't try the export part.

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye