[O] Merge branch 'maint'

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: [O] Merge branch 'maint'
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 16:50:15 +0200

Hi all,

Was the issue of abundant "Merge branch 'maint'" commit messages
discussed before? I couldn't find a reference...

It's not a big deal, really, but I personally prefer to have linear
history with commits that actually do stuff. And it should be easy to
switch to this style: just use the "rebase" instead of the "merge"
command.

Anyway, it's a small thing, and if Nicolas or Bastien strongly like the
merge method I won't bring it up again. But if they don't care either
way, I think it's better to start rebasing.

    Oleh