Re: [O] two sets of default header arguments for one language

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] two sets of default header arguments for one language
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 15:39:19 -0700

One more thing ...

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015, Charles C. Berry wrote:

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015, Alan Schmitt wrote:

Hello,

I’m writing some lab exercises where I have a fairly long list of header
arguments for each source block. I know I can use language-specific
default arguments, but I need to switch between questions (short list):

#+begin_src ocaml :tangle tp1.ml

and answers

#+begin_src ocaml :exports results :results verbatim drawer :post wrap-myres(text=*this*) :tangle tp1_ans.ml

Is there a way to have two sets of default arguments for a given
language, or can I declare a new language just for the sake of different
arguments?

I'd use two new `languages'.

For most uses, I think you can get away with as little as this:

(defalias 'org-babel-execute:ocaml-a 'org-babel-execute:ocaml)
(defalias 'org-babel-execute:ocaml-q 'org-babel-execute:ocaml)

(defvar org-babel-default-header-args:ocaml-a
        '((:exports . "results") [fill in the rest] ))
(defvar org-babel-default-header-args:ocaml-q
        '((:tangle . "tp1.ml")))

and have acceptable behavior without stepping on the original language.

You also want to customize `org-src-lang-modes' to be able to edit the src code natively.

Untested, of course.

HTH,

Chuck

Charles C. Berry                 Dept of Family Medicine & Public Health
cberry at ucsd edu               UC San Diego / La Jolla, CA 92093-0901
http://famprevmed.ucsd.edu/faculty/cberry/